This is an overview of the HCG Diet and explains how to use the HCG and 500 calorie diet together. To learn more about the types of food and meals and recipes, visit the 500 Calorie Diet page. Remember every page in the HCG Diet Virginia has important information for you to read before and during your HCG Diet experience.
Day 1 and 2
- Take the HCG injection of 0.20 – 0.25 ml first thing in the morning.
- Eat as often as you like throughout the day. This will increase your body’s fat storage to prepare you for the 500 calorie per day limit on day 3 – 42
- Drink 1 gallon of bottle spring water throughout the day.
Day 3 – 40
- Weigh yourself in the morning when you wake up without clothing and after you have emptied your bladder.
- Take the HCG injection of 0.25ml first thing in the morning.
- Drink 1 gallon of bottle spring water/tea/coffee throughout the day.
- You may only eat things on the 500 calorie diet list. Your caloric intake should not exceed 500 calories per day, which consists of protein, vegetable and fruit.
Day 41 – 42
- Continue to follow the 500 calorie diet on days 41 – 42 because the HCG will remain in your system for 24 to 48 hours.
Diet Guide (quick tips)
- Bottled spring water (no tap water)
- Organic black coffee (no creamer)
- Organic green tea
- Organic Wu-long tea
- Organic chamomile tea
- Drink plenty of tea and bottle spring water.
- Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.
- You may have fruit for breakfast and have the second fruit any time throughout the day as long as it is 3 hours before bed.
- Recommend only 2 fruit servings per day.
- Eat 100 grams, approx. 3.5 oz. of protein (size of the palm of the hand), 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird. Chicken breast does not mean the breast of any other fowl, nor does it mean a wing or drumstick. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed.
- Use organic cooking spray or coconut oil (do not use butter or margarine)
- Vegetables can be eaten raw, steamed, grilled (with out oil). One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
- One breadstick (grissini) or one Melba toast.
- An apple or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit. It should be mentioned that two small apples weighing as much as one large one will have a higher caloric value and are therefore not allowed. There is no restriction on the size of one apple.
- The same four choices as lunch.
- The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes.
- Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
- The patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements.
- The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
- Every item in the list is gone over carefully, continually stressing the point that no variations other than those listed may be introduced. All things not listed are forbidden, and nothing permissible has been left out. The 100 grams of meat must he scrupulously weighed raw after all visible fat has been removed. To do this accurately the patient must have a letter-scale, since kitchen scales are not sufficiently accurate and the butcher should certainly not be relied upon. Those not uncommon patients, who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish.
- There is no objection to breaking up the two meals. For instance having a breadstick and an apple for breakfast or before going to bed, provided they are deducted from the regular meals.
- The whole daily ration of two breadsticks or two fruits may not be eaten at the same time, nor can any item saved from the previous day be added on the following day. In the beginning it is advised to check every meal against the diet sheet before starting to eat and not to rely on memory.
- No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may he used without special permission. See FAQs for cosmetics that are approved.
It is also worth pointing out that any attempt to observe this diet without HCG will lead to trouble in two to three days.
Here is an example of typical 5 day ~500 calorie/day diet
Please remember to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Ideally drink at 10 glasses of water, 12 if you can.